Un site utilisant Site web personnel INSA de Rennes
Co-supervision of PhD students (as “directrice/co-directrice de thèse”)
- Julie FOURNIER: Assessing and quantifying the behavior of ASD people in presence of their affinity, 02/2021-…
- Alban MARIE: Image compression and quality assessment for optimized image classification, 10/2020-…
Co-supervision of PhD students (with supervision rate > 30%)
- Jianan CHEN: Cross-modal information based Image retrieval, 11/2019-…
- Yi ZHANG: Salient objects detection in 360º images/videos, 10/2019-…
- Théo LADUNE: Complementary approaches using machine learning for video compression, 10/2018-…
- Fangyi CHAO: Visual Saliency Prediction in 360 degree Images and Videos, 10/2017-12/2020. (Current position: Postdoc in V-SENSE team of Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Qiong WANG: Salient objects detection and segmentation in videos, 10/2015-05/2019. (Current position: Assistant Professor in Zhejiang University of Technology, China)
- Shishun TIAN: Image quality assessment of 3D synthesized views, 10/2015-03/2019. (Current position: Assistant Professor in Shenzhen University, China)
- Meriem OUTTAS: Noisy image restoration oriented compression: Application to ultrasound images, 01/2015-04/2019. (Current position: Associate professor at INSA Rennes, France)
- Ines SAIDI: Analysis and modeling of the perceived quality for videophone applications, 01/2015-02/2018. (Current position: Project Manager in Aerys, France)
Co-supervision of Post-docs
- Anne Flore PERRIN: Saliency prediction in drone videos, 01/2019-06/2020
Awards & Prizes
- PEDR (Research and Doctoral supervision prize): global rank A, 2019-2023.
- « Best paper » of IEEE MMSP 2020
- 1st prize in ICME 2018 Grand Challenge “Prediction of Head+Eye Saliency for 360 Images” (one thesis work of F. CHAO).
- « 2012 Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of France » award (in french, “prix de thèse”) presented by IEEE France Section, SFGBM, AGBM and GdR CNRS-Inserm Stic-Santé.
- “Best student award” at the MIPS XIV Conference, Dublin, Ireland, 2011.
- Board member of the international Video Quality Expert Group (VQEG) and co-chair of two working groups of VQEG
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) Task Officer of IETR laboratory
- Scientific consultant of a the DIVA (Design, Implementation and evaluation of embedded signal, Video and computer vision Applications) platform of IETR laboratory
- Jury Member of Associated Professor Recruitment (CNU section 61): twice
- Associate Editor for international journals:
- Displays (Elsevier)
- Special Research Topic « Computational Neuroscience for Perceptual Quality Assessment » in Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- Special Section « Deep Learning Technologies for Internet of Video Things » in IEEE Access.
- Technical Program Committee for international conferences:
- ICME 2020-2021: Area Chair for “Multimedia quality assessment and metrics” as the main area.
- ICME 2021 Workshop on Quality of Experience in Interactive Multimedia (QoEIM).
- ACM MM 2020 Workshop on Quality of Experience in Visual Multimedia Applications (QoEVMA).
PhD thesis defense jury member
- 07/06/2021: Madhukar BHAT, “Perceptual optimization and complexity reduction for real-time video encoding”, Université de Nantes, France.
- 29/01/2021: Zohaib Amjad KHAN, “Quality Assessment for Multimodal Medical Imaging”, Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, France (as « rapportrice »).
- 14/12/2020: Chen KANG, “Image Aesthetic Quality Assessment Based on Deep Neural Networks”, Université Paris-Saclay, France (as « rapportrice »).
- 15/10/2020: Iñigo SEDANO PEREZ, “Measuring Quality of Video of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)”, University of the Basque Country, Spain.
- 20/05/2020 (private defense) & 03/07/2020 (public defense): Yan LI, “Depth Estimation from Structured Light Fields”, Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
- 14/12/2017: Amine CHAABOUNI, “HEVC-based video compression for telemedicine on high-speed, low-speed networks and mobile terminals: application to the oncology”, University of Lorraine, France.
- 18/03/2015: Yi LIU, “Lossy and lossless image coding with low complexity and based on the content”, INSA Rennes, France.
- Session chair:
- “Image and Video Compression 3” in MMSP 2020.
- “Video analysis 2” in ICIAR 2020.
- Special Session Co-chair: “Quality Assessment for Medical Imaging Applications” in QoMEX 2018.
- Invited speaker: at the 6th Qualinet (European Network on Quality of Experience in Multimedia Systems and Services) General Meeting, Patras, Greece, September 2013.
Reviewer for the following journals