Co-supervision of PhD students (with supervision rate > 30%)
Ines SAIDI: Analysis and modeling of the perceived quality for videophone applications, 01/2015-02/2018. (Current position: R&D engineer in Apizee, France)
Meriem OUTTAS: Noisy image restoration oriented compression: Application to ultrasound images, 01/2015-04/2019. (Current position: Permanent Teacher-Researcher at INSA Rennes, France)
Shishun TIAN: Image quality assessment of 3D synthesized views, 10/2015-03/2019. (Current position: Assistant Professor in Shenzhen University, China)
Qiong WANG: Salient objects detection and segmentation in videos, 10/2015-05/2019. (Current position: Assistant Professor in Zhejiang University of Technology, China)
Fangyi CHAO: Saliency prediction for omnidirectional images, 10/2017-…
Théo LADUNE: Complementary approaches using machine learning for video compression, 10/2018-…
Pierre-Adrien FONS: Saccadic eye movements prediction for drone videos, 10/2019-…
- Yi ZHANG: Salient objects detection in 360º images/videos, 10/2019-…
- Jianan CHEN: Cross-modal information based Image retrieval, 11/2019-…
- Alban MARIE: Image Compression and Quality Assessment for Optimized Recognition by distributed Neural Networks, 10/2020-…
Co-supervision of Post-docs
- Anne Flore PERRIN: Saliency prediction in drone videos, 01/2019-06/2020
- Glenn HERROU: Intelligent compression for drone videos, 07/2020-04/2021
- Project Leader: “Automated Detection of SaliencieS from Operators’ Point of View and Intelligent Compression of DronE videos”, ANR (French National Agency for Research) ASTRID (Specific Support for Defence Research Projects and Innovation), 2018-2021
- Project Leader: “Assessment of image perceptual quality”, Rennes science facilities allocation for young researchers, 2016-2018
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) Orange, 2018-2021
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) ERICSSON, 2015-2018
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) Orange, 2015-2018
Awards & Prizes
- PEDR (Research and Doctoral supervision prize): global rank A, 2019-2023.
- 1st prize in ICME 2018 Grand Challenge “Prediction of Head+Eye Saliency for 360 Images” (one thesis work of F. CHAO).
- « 2012 Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of France » award (in french, “prix de thèse”) presented by IEEE France Section, SFGBM, AGBM and GdR CNRS-Inserm Stic-Santé.
- “Best student award” at the MIPS XIV Conference, Dublin, Ireland, 2011.
PhD thesis defense jury member
- 2020/09 (estimated): Iñigo SEDANO PEREZ, “Measuring Quality of Video of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)”, University of the Basque Country, Spain.
- 2020/05/20 (private defense) & 2020/07/03 (public defense): Yan LI, “Depth Estimation from Structured Light Fields”, Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
- 2017/12/14: Amine CHAABOUNI, “HEVC-based video compression for telemedicine on high-speed, low-speed networks and mobile terminals: application to the oncology”, University of Lorraine, France.
- 2015/03/18: Yi LIU, “Lossy and lossless image coding with low complexity and based on the content”, INSA Rennes, France.
- Program Committee for ACM MM Workshop on Quality of Experience in Visual Multimedia Applications (QoEVMA) 2020.
- Technical Program Committee for ICME 2020: Area Chair for “Multimedia quality assessment and metrics” as the main area.
- Session chair: “Video analysis 2” in ICIAR 2020 .
- Special Session Co-chair: “Quality Assessment for Medical Imaging Applications” in QoMEX 2018.
- Invited seminar: Shenzhen university, Shenzhen, China, October 2019.
- Invited seminar: Southeast University – “Image Science and Technology” Laboratory, Nanjing, China, May 2018.
- Invited seminar: Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, June 2015.
- Invited seminar: Southeast University – “Image Science and Technology” Laboratory, Nanjing, China, July 2014.
- Invited seminar: Southeast University – “Information Security” lab, Nanjing, China, December 2013.
- Invited speaker: at the 6th Qualinet (European Network on Quality of Experience in Multimedia Systems and Services) General Meeting, Patras, Greece, September 2013.
Reviewer for the following journals
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing
- IEEE Access
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing Communications and Applications
- Signal Processing: Image Communication
- Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine