Supervision of PhD students
Ines SAIDI: Analysis and modeling of the perceived quality for videophone applications, 01/2015-02/2018.
Meriem OUTTAS: Noisy image restoration oriented compression: Allication to ultrasound images, 01/2015-04/2019.
Shishun TIAN: Image quality assessment of 3D synthesized views, 10/2015-03/2019.
Qiong WANG: Salient objects detection and segmentation in videos, 10/2015-05/2019.
Maxime BICHON: Dependencies consideration for global rate-distortion optimization: application to HEVC, 01/2016-03/2019.
- Fangyi CHAO: Saliency prediction for omnidirectional images, 10/2017-10/2020.
- Théo LADUNE: Complementary approaches using machine learning for video compression, 10/2018-10/2021.
- “Low Dose CT Imaging Based on Deep Feature Learning”, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2019-2022
- Project Leader: “Automated Detection of SaliencieS from Operators’ Point of View and Intelligent Compression of DronE videos”, ANR (French National Agency for Research) ASTRID (Specific Support for Defence Research Projects and Innovation), 2018-2021
- Project Leader: “Assessment of image perceptual quality”, Rennes science facilities allocation for young researchers, 2016-2018
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) Orange, 2018-2021
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) ERICSSON, 2015-2018
- CIFRE (Industrial Convention of Formation by Research) Orange, 2015-2018
Principal international collaborations (with co-written papers)
- Southeast university (China): medical and natural image quality assessment
- Shenzhen University (China): saliency detection
- Ghent University (Belgium): model observer
- Co-chair of the Special Session on “Quality Assessment for Medical Imaging Applications” in QoMEX 2018.
- Invited seminar: at the Academy (research center) of Mathematics and Systems Science (AMSS), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China; in June, 2015.
- Invited seminar: at the Medical Imaging Laboratory, School of Biological Sciences & Medical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, China; in July, 2014.
- Invited seminar: at the Information Security research centre, School of Information Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, China; in Janurary, 2014.
- Invited speaker: at the « 6th Qualinet General Meeting », Patras, Greece; in September, 2013.